Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day3, Lifting stats, Double Progression, Edits.

Weigh in: 166.5
Net (-1)
Lift: Circuit,Double prog preacher, Planks (more info below) ~(60mins), 15 min bike ride
Fasting period (10pm previous night-2pm next day) (16 hours)

Calorie intake: 2500
Protein: 180 g

I have done the last two days workouts in the fasted state. The information of the link below from leangains cites a study where there is potential favorable anabolic response from fasted state resistance training (assuming adequate nutrition of course). So in light of this I am going to try and do all my workouts in the fasted state. It most likely isn't realistic that I will be able to do all workouts in the fasted state but I will try and note in my logs which days weren't.

http://www.leangains.com/2009/12/fasted-training-boosts-muscle-growth.html

A quote:
""Our results indicate that prior fasting may stimulate the intramyocellular anabolic response to ingestion of a carbohydrate/protein/leucine mixture following a heavy resistance training session. "

Among other things, increased levels of p70s6k may lead to a faster transport of amino acids into the muscle cell membranes, which should lead to a more rapid and potent anabolic response to post-workout nutrient ingestion. The effects seen on the other myogenic signaling mechanisms could also affect muscle growth through other pathways."

 Liffting routine






Machine circuit
8reps/3sets/no rest b/w exercises/~3 -5 minute rest b/w sets

Ab pulldown                          170
sit down tricep                         50
preacher curl style machine      40
Lat pulldown                          120
chest press                             120
sit down rows                         120
shoulder press                        150
leg press                                 220

Relatively light, wanted to make sure that I could get through everything with no rest and start again quickly. I'll be rotating the order in the reverse every other lift. Then after each full rotation I will add one rep. After 10 reps can be done for a a specific weight,I will add weight to each exercise and lower the reps back down to 8. I am doing it this way so I can hopefully see progress along the way, and focus on good form and no rest.

next time for example
-leg press 1st- ab pulldown last
and next lift after that
-Add one rep= 9 reps, ab pulldown 1st
etc.

Double Progression preacher curls, EZ Bar 


This part of the lift is for possibly gaining strength in the biceps. I have basically allowed my assisting muscles to grow through doing compound lifts, so switching it up to actually hitting the biceps doing an isolated low rep high weight protocol may give me some gains. Double progression is taking two variables in a given workout and trying to make progress.

My EZ Bar preacher curl protocol.

3/4/5 rep scheme, where the 1st set is the heaviest and reps are increased and weight is decreased.
EZ bar weighs ~15 lbs

1st set - 3 reps, 30lbs on each side= 75lbs
2ndset- 4reps, 27.5lbs on each side=70lbs    (-7%)
3rd set-5reps, 25lbs  on each side= 65 lbs ~ (-7%)

So my variables here are number of reps and weight.I can adjust any two of these variables for each set. So next lift since it was fairly easy will be to try and add one rep to my top set (heaviest set) and add 5 lbs to my low set.

Planks
I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to add 5 seconds to each plank after each lift but I was definitely a little overzealous. So instead I'm gonna try and add 1 second.

60seconds-45seconds-30seconds. (My starting planks. )


So these are my lifts and where I hope to progress. I was also a little high on the calories today, but with the xtra bike ride (~100 cals and TEF 180g protein= -180= ~300) 2200 adjusted, still slightly high.
So being approximately 100 calories too much yesterday, I'll do 100 cals lower today)=1500

















No comments:

Post a Comment