Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 4 and beers

Weigh in: 164.5
Net: -3
-1500 cals
-165g protein
-Rest
-Fasted 130am-330pm (14 hours)
-2 beers (blue moon)

Figured I would comment a little on the Psychological aspects of low calorie days. I basically had a very low carb day yesterday so I could get all of my protein in. The fasts aren't that bad, and am getting used to them. I wanna comment though on a hidden aspect of the fasts that make it a really good way to lose weight. The daily restrictive nature of fasting gives you motivation to not only continue but to also not break your calorie budget. My overall happiness certainly distracted me from being hungry and my absorption was better due to a mostly empty stomach, making my beers more enjoyable. The overall motivation of being on a program is exhilarating. I read a comment from someone that did IF'ing and got in amazing shape who described it as being a mental firewall to defend against self doubt and cravings. I can see where he's coming from. Today I am going to take one more low calorie day, definitely looking forward to my first "cheat" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment